The real battle in business today is the battle to attract, engage and retain ‘talent’. So, understanding what employees want most from their boss will be helpful.
According to a recent survey by CIPD, a British HR Association, the following 10 ‘boss behaviors’ are most important. They’re listed in order of importance. Rate your performance out of 10…with 10 being excellent:
- Treats me fairly.
- Is open and honest.
- Makes sure I have the resources to do my job.
- Is supportive when I have a problem.
- Is clear about what is expected of me.
- Recognizes when I’ve done a good job.
- Does what they say they will do.
- Makes good decisions.
- Makes me feel that my work matters.
- Keeps me in touch with what’s going on.
How will you use these insights to be a better boss in 2017?