Managing any business or department sometimes calls for making tough decisions. Some of the toughest are about what and who to ‘let go of’. So, what and who do you need to ‘let go of’ to make 2017 your best year ever? The list could include…
- Products or services that are out-of-date, losing you money, or hurting your brand. Fix them, or pitch them.
- Customers that are not making you money, taking too much of your time, or are disrupting your business.
- Suppliers who keep letting you down or making you look bad to your customers. Give them four months to get their act together and, if they don’t, give them the axe.
- Branches or locations that no longer make sense…or never did. Shut them down. Just make sure you treat the staff who work there honestly, respectfully and fairly.
- Employees who are toxic or non-productive. If you can’t ‘fix’ them, invite them to move on.
- Policies that make you look uncaring or unreasonable, or that tick good customers off and drive them away.
- Negative attitudes or incorrect assumptions about people, places or things that may be closing your mind, hardening your heart and hurting your business.
Maybe you need to let go of your entire business model. Perhaps you need to rethink what you do, for whom you do it, where you do it or how you do it. So, what do you need to ‘let go of’ in your business and your life to make 2017 your best year ever? What are the tough but necessary decisions that you’ve been putting off?