(Time to read this Blog is about 2 minutes)
Before we get to the main topic, here are a few things to get you thinking:
- My biz quote of the week:
“The best people have to work for somebody…it’s just that you have to deserve them. So, what extraordinary things are you doing to deserve the talent you need?”
- I’d love your help with a Biz Tool I’m working on. Several of my Biz Coaching clients are struggling to find a good outside Accounting firm. So, I’m creating a Biz Tool on, ‘7 questions you should ask before hiring an outside Accountant…and the answers you should get.’ I’d love to have your thoughts about what some of those 7 questions might be. You can email me at email@example.com.
- ‘Fun Fact’ about electric vehicles. Producing an electric vehicle requires about twice as much energy as producing an internal combustion engine vehicle. This differential results mostly from battery production, which uses a lot of energy to extract and refine metals like copper and nickel.
- Free access to my insightful ‘Employee Self-assessment’ Biz Tool. Employee self-assessment should be a key part of any employee Performance Review. You’ll be amazed at what you learn and the important conversations that will be started. To access this Biz Tool, Click Here .
Now, to this week’s important topic
What or who do you need to ‘let go of’ in 2021?
Managing any business or department sometimes calls for making tough decisions. Some of the toughest are about what and who to ‘let go of’. So, what and who do you need to ‘let go of’ to make 2021 your best year ever? The list could include…
- Products or services that are out-of-date, losing you money, or hurting your brand. Fix them, or pitch them.
- Customers that are not making you money, taking too much of your time, or are disrupting your business.
- Suppliers who keep letting you down or making you look bad to your customers. Give them three months to get their act together and, if they don’t, give them the axe.
- Branches or locations that no longer make sense…or never did. Shut them down. Just make sure you treat the staff who work there honestly, respectfully and fairly.
- Outdated technologies or equipment that are holding you back.
- Systems and processes that are holding you back.
- Policies that make you look uncaring or unreasonable, or that tick off good customers and drive them away.
- Employees who are toxic or non-productive. If you can’t ‘fix’ them, invite them to leave.
- Negative attitudes, myths or incorrect assumptions about people, places or things that may be closing your mind, hardening your heart and hurting your business.
- Maybe you need to let go of your entire business model. Perhaps you need to rethink what you do, for whom you do it, where you do it or how you do it.
So, what do you need to ‘let go of’ in your business and your life to make 2021 your best year ever? What are the tough but necessary decisions that you’ve been putting off?
Note: This would be a great topic for an upcoming staff meeting. Give your Team at least 4 days advance notice, so they can come prepared with their best ideas.
That’s it for this week…
Stay safe…live brilliantly!
Donald Cooper speaks and coaches internationally on management, marketing, and profitability. He can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org in Toronto, Canada.