(Time to read this Blog is about 3 minutes)
Before we get to the main topic, here are a few things to get you thinking or smiling:
- My Biz Quote of the week:
“If you’re rating your employees on attendance rather than performance, you’re in big trouble, especially in a remote or partially remote work environment.”
- Quick Biz Tip:
Surround yourself with professionals. Hire the best lawyer, accountant, technology experts, web designers, managers, supervisors, skilled workers and advisors you can. Sex is usually best with an enthusiastic amateur, but everything else in life is better done by a ‘pro’.
- AMAZING OFFER! (I’ve not done anything like this before)
‘Improve clarity, commitment & accountability in your business’…for just $600!
Lack of ‘clarity, commitment & accountability’ is one of the biggest problems in many businesses today…and I can help solve that problem in just over an hour.
I’ve just delivered 60-minute Zoom Sessions on this important topic for 2 clients in the USA and Europe. The response has been extraordinary!
This Session delivers some of my powerful management insights and, because it has been successfully ‘test driven’ on both sides of the Atlantic, I’m doing something radical. I’m offering to deliver it, virtually, to business teams or Associations, to offer to their members, in January or February, for just $600 per Session. Given that my speaking fee for live-session Keynotes is $9,800, plus travel, this is a ‘hot ticket’! Call it a ‘legacy move’ by a guy who’s been at this for a long time!
The package includes:
- 4 insightful ‘Homework’ assignments that will take you and your Team about 24 minutes to complete before my Session. If you won’t do the ‘homework’, don’t waste your 600 bucks.
- My 1-hour Zoom Session, plus all the ‘straight talk’ Q&A time required to address your questions and to discuss what your ‘next steps’ should be.
- A step-by-step ‘Implementation Guide’. I send you the master file and you print a copy for each attendee, before my Session.
- Free access to my complete set of copyrighted ‘Business Assessment and Management Implementation Tools’ that have transformed 100s of businesses.
How to make this happen:
- You contact me at Donald@DonaldCooper.com to book a date…and pay $600.
- You set up the Zoom Session for the agreed day and time and send me the link. We test the link the day before to make sure everything works properly.
Now, to this week’s important topic:
What or who do you need to ‘let go of’ in 2023?
Managing any business or department sometimes calls for making tough decisions. Some of the toughest are about what and who to ‘let go of’. So, what and who do you need to ‘let go of’ to make 2023 your best year ever? The list could include…
- Products or services that are out-of-date, losing you money, or hurting your brand. Fix them, or pitch them.
- Customers that are not making you money, taking too much of your time, or are disrupting your business.
- Suppliers who keep letting you down or making you look bad to your customers. Give them three months to get their act together and, if they don’t, give them the axe.
- Branches or locations that no longer make sense…or never did. Shut them down. Just make sure you treat the staff who work there honestly, respectfully and fairly.
- Outdated technologies or equipment that are hurting your quality, competitiveness or profitability.
- Systems and processes that are making you inefficient or making you vulnerable to a brand-destroying system breakdown (think Southwest Airlines).
- Policies that make you look uncaring or unreasonable, or that tick off good customers and drive them away.
- Employees who are toxic or non-productive. If you can’t ‘fix’ them, invite them to leave.
- Negative attitudes, myths or incorrect assumptions about people, places or things that may be closing your mind, hardening your heart and hurting your business.
- Maybe you need to let go of your entire business model…or parts of it. Perhaps you need to rethink what you do, for whom you do it, where you do it, or how you do it.
So, what do you need to ‘let go of’ in your business and your life to make 2023 your best year ever? What are the tough but necessary decisions that you’ve been putting off…and by when do you commit to make them?
Note: This would be a great topic for an upcoming staff meeting. Give your Team at least 4 days advance notice, so they can come prepared with their best ideas.
That’s it for this week…
Stay safe…live brilliantly!
Donald Cooper speaks and coaches internationally on management, marketing, and profitability. He can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org in Toronto, Canada.