(Time to read this Blog is about 2.5 minutes)
Before we get to the main topic, here are a few things to get you thinking or smiling:
- My Quote of the week: (A client sent me this quote. It’s a bit cynical, but it made me smile)
‘Tradition’ is peer pressure from dead people.
- Quick Biz Tip: How to be proactive in getting more Google ‘comments’ or Facebook ‘likes’ for your business.
Last week grandson Gus and I went to the fabulous floating ‘Water Park’ on the waterfront in Barrie, Ontario. Registration, payment and signing the mandatory ‘Liability Waiver’ was easily done online. When we arrived, the entire operation was run in a 1st-rate fashion.
Then, the next day, I received an email (Click thumbnail image on the right) thanking us for visiting, asking for a review and suppling direct links to Google and Facebook to make it easy for me to sing their praises.
I have no idea how to do that myself, but they made it easy…so I did. How could you make it that easy for your customers or clients to say wonderful things about you?
- ‘Live’ Conferences are back! After 2 years of virtual Zoom Conferences, ‘LIVE IS BACK’! We’re getting lots of bookings for Keynotes and interactive Workshops at live events!
For a list of our most requested topics and to chat about ‘possibilities’ for your next business or Association Conference, call us at 416-252-3703 in Toronto, Canada, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have a 1st rate telephone Wireless Headset that you’d recommend? For my telephone ‘Client Biz Coaching Sessions’, I use a land line phone and a wireless headset. My current headset is getting tired. The battery now lasts only 40 minutes and my typical Coaching Session runs twice that long.
Do you use a wireless headset that you love, has long battery life and would recommend? If so, I’d love to hear from you at email@example.com. ‘Thanks’.
Now, to this week’s important topic:
What’s your clear & compelling ‘Commitment’ to your Team?
As employers, we want our employees to be committed to us, to our customers and to the bottom line, but very few businesses ever think about their commitment to their Team. ‘Commitment’ is a two-way street. This is especially important right now when attracting, engaging and retaining talented Team members is a huge problem for every business.
Schedule just 20 minutes, this week, to sit down with a few of the best minds and hearts in your business to think about and document what that commitment will look like. Then, add it to your recruitment and onboarding package, send it to every Team member and discuss its importance with every manager and supervisor. Then, make sure that you always live up to your commitments.
Below are a few ‘Commitments’ to get you started.
Defining our commitment to our staff Team:
We commit to helping our ‘internal business partners’ be more effective, energized and fulfilled by creating an environment and culture that…
- Ensures that we’re a physically and emotionally safe place to be.
- Provides the ongoing training, empowerment and encouragement required to deliver amazing customer experiences and world-class operational effectiveness.
- Has clear & consistent Values, Standards & Processes.
- Commits to integrity, fairness, civility, diversity and inclusion.
- Communicates clearly, consistently and honestly.
- Encourages input, listens carefully and encourages respectful debate.
- Measures, acknowledges, thanks and rewards success.
- Creates a career path for those with the ability and desire to grow.
When you complete your ‘Team Commitment’, I’d love to see it. I’m easy to find at firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s it for this week…
Stay safe…live brilliantly!
Donald Cooper speaks and coaches internationally on management, marketing, and profitability. He can be reached by email at email@example.com in Toronto, Canada.